Finally after a while, here's the custom I've been asked about very often and was so eager to get to do: Princess Luna on a Celestia base!!
Felt very nice to go from white and pastel colors to dark blues and only one hair tone hehe ^^. It was quite a challenge too because I had to look for a container for the mixed paint I used for the body in case anything happened. That color took a lot of paint and testing to get right x_x since Luna isn't completely blue nor purple. Since I wasn't convinced with the hair available either (not as blueish or purpleish) I decided to go with a 2-color mix: Dollyhair's Water Hyacinth. It's a lovely hair that doesn't look too purple or too blue, so it's perfect! ^^. The hair also posed a challenge for the hair that goes to the front, which had to be rehaired going to the opposite side to the rest of the hair that would go on the back. In the end, a lovely, older Luna (hence the longer hair) came out.
Hope you all like her!
- Original toy base: [link]
- Rehaired by hand with a 2 color mix nylon hair from Dollyhair (Water Hyacinth) because there was no solid color that convinced me to use.
- Full body repaint and sealed with matte and glossy sealants
- I am aware she's smaller and younger, but this is an older version of Luna.
- If my commissioner is happy with this result, I'm happy
Edit: Uploaded a better photoshoot! Got some very good critiques for these pictures (thanks to
^^) so I took a new set of pictures of Luna on a better background and now her details can be appreciated more than before